The Saskatoon spiced with juniper simple syrup gives this drink a kick that will bring fond recollections of a standard negroni, without the ill effects.
- 2oz The Saskatoon
- 0.5 juniper simple syrup*
- To make the juniper simple syrup, muddle 2" piece of lemon zest and 2 tablespoons of juniper berries with 1/8c sugar. Let it sit for several hours at least, or overnight if you can.
- After letting it sit, combine the juniper berry sugar with 1/4c water, then let it sit overnight in the fridge.
- Remove your juniper simple syrup from the fridge and strain
- Combine The Saskatoon and juniper syrup with ice in a shaker, shake gently.
- Strain & serve over ice, garnish with an orange twist
*Pregnant people may want to avoid juniper berries. Anyone foraging juniper should know their species, or purchase the dried berries from a reputable supplier, as not all juniper is edible.